• cards

    Glittery jingling

    Hi crafters. I made another card for the Stock your Stash challenge at Reverse Confetti where the theme is winter/ holiday. I cut the tall triangle die and the jingle all the way die from Kaisercraft paper and glued the triangle die cuts in a pattern on another piece of paper. I ran a glue pen along the edge of these and poured gold glitter on. I backed my sentiment with gold paper. I sprayed with fixative to try and make the glitter more stable. I’m going to be sparkly all weekend now :).

  • cards

    Jingling

    Hi crafters. I have been inspired by the beautiful backgrounds Yoonsun Hur has been doing lately and thought I’d have a try. I decided to try gluing die cuts down and used the Reverse Confetti tall triangle die from watercolour paper and glued them to more watercolour paper. I then blended distress inks on top: candied apple, fired brick, barn door and ripe persimmon. I ran a paint bush over the panel with water that had perfect pearls in it. I then spattered it with white and a mixture of silver and silver glitter paints. I cut Reverse Confetti Jingle all the way from red and placed that over silver…

  • cards

    Melted greetings

    Hi crafters. Back to experimenting. I started with this background which was made with copper embossing paste through the Artplorations stencil Merry Go Round. Lindy’s magicals in Autumn Maple Crimson, Grab a guy gold and Bratwurst brown, were sprinkled on and it was sprayed with lots of water. Have you seen fabric slashing? See here for an example. I wanted to try it with a card. I have tulle from the second hand shop. I layered maroon, light and dark purple tulle. Cut them a bit larger so you can trim later. There were 4 layers. I then sewed around the circles using and copper metallic thread on top (…

  • cards

    Follow your heart

    Hi crafters. This was inspired by the Simon says Stamp Monday challenge theme which is Take Flight. I started with a street directory page to which I applied some diluted white gesso. I then added texture paste with Kaisercraft stencils Adventure and spotty. I then added a little more gesso then distress stains. I used aged mahogany and ground expresso at the bottom which morphed into a nice purple, and went through fired brick and barn door to spiced marmalade and wild honey. I then tried to bring some more definition to the background and colour the pale patches. I tried rubbing water soluble crayons. I put a layer of…