Hi crafters. I saw Ericka Strange’s cards for the blog named hero challenge and decided to try it. I used distress oxide ink pads rather than reinkers. I used seedless preserves, aged mahogany, wild honey, vintage photo and antique linen. The seedless preserves looks a bit more pink than purple in this one. I guess the reinkers give a deeper colour. I tried one earlier with a distress oxide sentiment on top but it rubbed off when I wiped off the oxidation :(. For this one I heat embossed a sentiment from March my monthly Hero kit in copper. I let the heat gun heat up for a while as photo paper melts easily. There was a little bubbling as I pulled the heat off at the end, and there is blistering of the coating on the back but the paper isn’t warped. I cut it down and applied copper heat embossing to card base before adhering. I put some black marker between the letters and their shadows to make it a bit easier to read.
I am entering this card in A blog named Hero October challenge.
This card was chosen as the random winner for the challenge. Thank you very much to A blog named Hero and Hero Arts for their generosity!