cards

Stitched Hooray

Hi crafters. I have a card for The August Pinkfresh Studio Challenge.

I am still spraying with masks. (See Kristina Werner’s recent post). I decided to use the small rose die from Pinkfresh Studio which was free with purchase around February. I thought this would be easy to sew. I cut it multiple times from contact adhesive vinyl and stuck these onto cardstock. I burnished them down with a bone folder and then sprayed in colours that worked with the challenge colours. I also added gold spatters. I then removed the contact and this panel is the result.

I used a pokey tool to poke holes through the paper to sew through.

I then sewed the flowers with colours matching the challenge colours. I undid some and did them again until I was happy. The “Hooray” from the Pinkfresh scripted bold sentiments 1 set, was embossed before the sewing. I used white powder and then repeated the embossing with Lindy’s magic moon pearls powder so it has a pearl finish. When the sewing was done I popped it up on pink fun foam and adhered it to a pool card base. The only problem with this card was that some gold spatters came off with the handling. The big spatter near the Hooray became a pale patch with not much gold. I decided to add a strategic iridescent gem as well as a couple of others to finish the card.

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *