Hi crafters. This one almost went in the bin. I took a piece of paper, gessoed it and ran it through the diecutting machine with the Alexandra Renke Level curves embossing folder. I then sprinkled Infusions and Colorburst powders on it and spritzed. The colour ran into the recesses and blended. I left it to dry overnight. When I came back to it, it was pale. The colour was no longer on top of the gesso. I tried diluted acrylic paints but it was getting muddy. I was going to give up when I examined the back side. All the colour had migrated there and it looked interesting in a weird way. I like to make 5×7 cards. The dry embossed area wasn’t tall enough. To continue the organic curves, I cut cardstock scraps with the Paper Rose Topographic Background die. I sprinkled the same powders on these and spritzed with water. I glued the pieces to my embossed background. It’s pretty busy so I thought a simple sentiment would be best. I used the Pinkfresh Studio script dies and layered my ‘smile’.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon says Stamp Monday challenge: Dry embossing
Simon says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Make it sparkle.
Thanks for visiting,