• cards

    Stitched Hooray

    Hi crafters. I have a card for The August Pinkfresh Studio Challenge. I am still spraying with masks. (See Kristina Werner’s recent post). I decided to use the small rose die from Pinkfresh Studio which was free with purchase around February. I thought this would be easy to sew. I cut it multiple times from contact adhesive vinyl and stuck these onto cardstock. I burnished them down with a bone folder and then sprayed in colours that worked with the challenge colours. I also added gold spatters. I then removed the contact and this panel is the result. I used a pokey tool to poke holes through the paper to…

  • cards

    Oval blossoms

    Hi crafters. I had flower pieces left over from the last card so I made another one. I had Pinkfresh Studio dainty blossoms black outlines and coloured photo paper insets. I put double sided tape across the back of the open flower outlines and inlaid the coloured pieces. I burnished them to make sure they were stuck. Then I had to trim the double sided tape from the outside edges of the flowers. This was fiddly. There may be a better way to do this. I cut an oval from a black piece of paper and adhered acetate to the back. I cut a slightly smaller rectangle of yellow funfoam…

  • cards

    Spring flowers

    Hi crafters. I created this card using the colours from the Pinkfresh April challenge. I used the Pinkfresh dainty blossoms dies to cut a piece of black paper. I adhered a slightly smaller piece of acetate behind the black. I created the paper for the flowers by colouring photo paper. The yellow and the pink/red were made by lightly applying distress oxides wild honey and worn lipstick on the photo paper. The green and blue were made by colouring the photo paper with alcohol markers. Once the flowers were cut out I inlaid them onto the acetate. I created many small shaker areas with black foam tape on the back…